Monday, May 26, 2008

DirectX Skeletal Mesh Cont.

I've been making progress on my animation. So far I can add bones and frames and animate the bones. See this video of my first animation of a hand.

This was using four key frames. My next task will be to clean up the code, and save the bone animation to file for reloading. After that I'll start working on attaching geometry to the skeleton. Woo Hoo! Can you tell I'm having lots of fun?

I'm pretty sure the attached mesh will have issues in certain areas but I'm hoping that within a few weeks I'll have my first animated mesh and shortly after that my first animated .x file. My goal here is to create a walk sequence and load the animated mesh into a demo game engine. I still haven't figured out how I'm going to let the user edit the geometry. That's going to be quite a shift in process flow. Oh well.

Happy Coding!

DXJas

No comments:

Post a Comment